Guildhall - Events Co-ordinator
City Remembrancer’s Office
Salary (inclusive of ILW allowance): £25,350 + overtime
rising to £28,590 (depending upon performance)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Event Co-ordinator with a proven track record of delivering successful events. You’ll be joining the City of London Corporation, an organisation committed to supporting and promoting the City as the World’s leading international finance and business centre, based at Guildhall.
The Guildhall is a Grade 1 listed building, which has been the centre of City government since the Middle Ages and continues to play an important role in the City. Meetings of the City of London’s elected assembly, the Court of Common Council are held there as are state and civic banquets and certain private events.
The City Remembrancer’s Office is the Parliamentary and Protocol Office of the City of London Corporation and is also responsible for the private hire of Guildhall. The Protocol and City Events Team manage the detailed organisation of City hospitality events, ranging from business meetings and lectures to State Banquets for the Lord Mayor and City of London Corporation.
This role is within the Private Events Team who manage the Guildhall diary and are responsible for the private hire of Guildhall complex. The team deliver approximately 400 events per annum including high profile corporate events and award ceremonies, large charity fundraisers, concerts and City Livery events.
- Forward planning and management of the Guildhall diary.
- Marketing the Guildhall Complex
- Venue and client event management
- Detailed organisation of City Corporation hospitality events
- Ensuring event objectives and timescales are met
- Experience of organising corporate/ commercial events in a professional environment (at least 2 years)
- Experience of diary management, preferably for a commercial venue
- Experience of undertaking budgetary control and managing financial systems
- Excellent administrative and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise a heavy and diverse workload
- High quality written and oral communication skills
Closing date: 5pm on 18 January 2013.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to satisfy pre-employment screening checks including a Basic Disclosure from Disclosure Scotland. For an information pack, please contact the Corporate Recruitment Unit on 020 7332 3978 (24hr answerphone) or email email@example.com, quoting reference REM044. A minicom service for the hearing impaired is available on 020 7332 3732.
more information >>
Corporate Recruitment Unit
Telephone: 020 7332 3978
Email: Click to email