As we all continue to navigate a way through the challenges Coronavirus (COVID-19) has presented, our member venues are carefully following government guidelines.
From 5th January 2021 we are able to assist you with the following:
Current Events and Activities that can take place during National Lockdown:
- There remains a limited number of essential activity purposes which are still permitted and for which the use of meeting venues is allowed. Examples of exemptions are set out in the guidance National lockdown: Stay at Home - GOV.UK include training of essential workers and of staff in other businesses permitted to remain open. Also permitted are specific university programmes which might require additional space; venues used for charitable purposes, medical use, volunteering, nursery activities, mutual aid and therapy groups, elite sports group training, for training and rehearsal without an audience (in theatres and concert halls), filming production and broadcasting.
- Weddings and civil partnership ceremonies should not take place except in exceptional circumstances, for example where one of those getting married is seriously ill and not expected to recover ('deathbed wedding') or due to undergo debilitating treatment or life-changing surgery. These weddings are limited to 6 people.
- Film production and broadcasting is allowed at permitted venues. Please click here for further guidance. An update from Film London can also be found here.
- Large business events such as conferences, exhibitions and trade shows are not permitted indoors or outdoors.
- Events currently must not contain social networking elements such as receptions, and private dining and banqueting events remain prohibited.
- Wedding and civil partnership celebrations are not permitted.
Our member venues have diligently prepared new capacity guides and COVID policies to safeguard your future events. Details of the changes in capacities and their policies can found on each venue’s page on our website or by contacting the venues directly.
We all look forward to welcoming you and assisting you with your event planning for future events.
In the meantime, please find below helpful information for your guidance: