Commercial Venue Executive - One Birdcage Walk (12 Month FTC)
With over 115,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We are now seeking a Commercial Venue Executive to join our team on a 12 month fixed term contract, at One Birdcage Walk, one of London’s most beautiful Victorian buildings and the home of IMechE.
As a Commercial Venue Executive, you will be responsible for marketing space within One Birdcage Walk to existing and potential clients.
Your primary focus will be to optimise the profitability and revenue of the venue. To achieve this, you will plan and implement marketing initiatives, prioritise bookings, ‘up-sell’ and manage and maximise website traffic.
As the first point of contact for all enquiries and bookings, you will correspond with clients before liaising with the Catering Team and Facilities Department to communicate clients’ requirements.
Your other duties will include:
- Preparing invoices, as well as daily and weekly events sheets, client proposals and contracts
- Showcasing the Institution’s facilities to potential external clients
- Negotiating with clients
- Highlighting less popular booking times and spaces to provide value for money solutions
To be considered as a Commercial Venue Executive, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience working in the venue hire sector
- Experience working in a customer-oriented administrative environment
- Experience of room booking, event software and using a CRM system
- A proficiency in IT, including MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Experience of implementing successful marketing campaigns would be beneficial to your application.
Please note, this role will involve working flexibly, outside of normal business hours, as well as undertaking a reasonable amount of travel to other IMechE sites which may require occasional overnight stays.
- Circa £28,000 per annum (pro rata) + bonus
- A minimum of 26 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays
- Pension scheme
- BUPA private medical insurance
- Life Assurance
- Free membership to the Institution
If you have experience working in the venue hire sector and a customer-focused approach, this is a tremendous opportunity to market our breath-taking premises, which remains an important historic part of London’s iconic skyline.
You will receive an extensive benefits package and comprehensive individual and corporate training to ensure you grow into the role. Our friendly and welcoming team will provide you with ongoing support as you benefit from a positive work-life balance.
Other organisations may call this role Events Executive, Venue Hire Co-ordinator, Event Operations Executive, Marketing Executive, Communications and Events Executive.
Webrecruit and Institution of Mechanical Engineers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you would like to feel valued marketing spectacular spaces as a Commercial Venue Executive, please apply via the link below. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note, the closing date for this role is 17th December 2021. Applications will be reviewed throughout this campaign and we reserve the right to close it early if sufficient applications are received.