Location: Cromwell Road, London
The V&A has a vacancy for an experienced and highly motivated Corporate and Private Events Manager, working within a well-established, small team. The job’s purpose is to promote the V&A multi sites as a venue for corporate and private hire and to ensure efficient, safe and effective supervision of all commercial hire events, while maximizing income and monitoring costs. The Team sits within the Development department and run over 140 events a year, bringing in unrestricted income of over £1.6 million a year.
The V&A is the world’s leading museum of art and design, housing a permanent collection of over 2.8 million objects, books and archives that span over 5,000 years of human creativity. The museum holds many of the UK's national collections and houses some of the greatest resources for the study of architecture, furniture, fashion, textiles, photography, sculpture, painting, jewellery, glass, ceramics, book arts, Asian art and design, theatre and performance.
Our mission is to be recognised as the world's leading museum of art, design and performance, and to enrich people's lives by promoting research, knowledge and enjoyment of the designed world to the widest possible audience. We strive to make the V&A matter to more people and in that context we work to the following six strategic objectives:
- To create a world class visitor and learning experience across all V&A sites and collections.
- Focus and deepen the relevance of our collections to the UK creative and knowledge economy.
- Expand the V&A's international reach, reputation and impact.
- To operate with financial and organisational initiative and efficiency.
- Showcase the best of digital design and deliver an outstanding digital experience.
- Diversify and increase private and commercial funding sources.
For benefits and further details please click here