Event Assistants are responsible for maintaining the Museum’s Commercial and Venue Hire functions during out-of-hours events. Whilst on duty the Event Manager will manage the Event Assistants.
The Garden Museum
The Museum is the only Museum dedicated to the history, art and design of gardens, and the new Garden Museum opens us up to wider cultural and heritage audiences.
- Overseeing the Museum’s site, facilities, and security operations during out-of-hours events
- Watching out for any other hazards that could cause harm to someone attending your event
- Assisting with the setup, pack down and running of internal and external events
- Any other activities as reasonably required
- Show Initiative and be proactive
- Willingness to learn about the museum
- Heavy lifting is required so must be comfortable with that.
- Certain events require formal attire, and one must adhere to this.
- Proficient level in English- speaking
- Highly developed people skills
- Physically fit to do some lifting and carrying of displays, tables, chairs, etc.
- UK/EU resident
- Presentable and used to working with VIP clients
This is a zero-hour contract.
The rate of pay is £12 per hour with a minimum shift of 4 hours. Taxis will be provided for late night events past 11pm. Please send a CV and cover letter of not more than one page explaining why you would like to work within this role to email@example.com. Only successful candidates will be invited to interview with the team.