To assist the Events Executive and Events & Marketing Manager in converting private events enquiries into profitable business, coordinating all aspects of events with clients, suppliers and Inn’s staff and providing clerical and administrative support to the Events Office.
The following list of duties is indicative of the nature of the post. Priorities, time-scales and standards will be set in agreement with management, recognising the level of professional competence of the post-holder.
To be responsible for coordinating both internal and private events including:
1. Answering email and telephone enquiries in a helpful and professional manner, conducting show-rounds with potential clients, and following up and converting enquiries to confirmed events.
2. Finalising requirements and function details with clients.
3. Liaising with contacts and Inn’s departments ensuring event details are captured and communicated.
4. Where necessary, assist other team members with administrative tasks.
5. Make full use of information technology and systems available, utilising the computerised diary for event bookings, event contract and event confirmation forms.
6. To work in a helpful and professional manner with other departments, members and clients.
7. To undertake any other duties which are commensurate with the level of skill and experience required for this post.
8. To support the Members Events team in answering member enquiries when they are unavailable.
9. To support in co-ordinate bookings and payments for the Members’ Overnight Accommodation.
Skills, knowledge & attitude required
1. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the catering industry and have at least 1 -2 years of previous event co-ordination experience, ideally in a unique venue.
2. You will be IT competent. Using databases, Word, Excel and Outlook and diary management systems.
3. You will demonstrate a positive attitude and a customer focus to your work.
4. You will be an excellent planner, showing good organisational and event coordination skills.
5. You will demonstrate excellent team work and communication skills in order to work with your colleagues as a team on a consistent long-term basis
6. You will have good numeracy skills with the ability to deal with some accounting queries.
7. You will be a professional and courteous representative of the Inn dealing with various private clients and prominent senior figures within the law fraternity.
8. You will be flexible in your approach to work and be willing to adapt to changing circumstances.
9. You will demonstrate honesty and integrity in everything you do.
For more information please see: https://www.lincolnsinn.org.uk/about-us/working-at-the-inn/