CH&CO Venues is one of the UK's most innovative contract catering, hospitality and food services companies. We create imaginative tailor-made food and catering solutions for our clients, delivered with exceptional service.
As an independent hospitality caterer, we employ more than 6,200 people and with a turnover of £300m, we operate at over 750 locations across the UK and Ireland. From cafes and restaurants to experiential events in some of the world’s most iconic destinations, we have an enviable collection of brands.
The RSA is an enlightenment organisation that seeks to understand and enhance human potential, located in the heart of the West End. It is dependent on revenue from external events, fellowship subscriptions, sponsorship and donations in order to carry out this important work.
In 2018, the venue went through a 9-month partial redevelopment which included closure of 4 of the 11 spaces, including refreshing our fabulous and historic vaults. We also opened a new coffeehouse with an all-day dining menu. In 2019 we are rebuilding our events business with a refreshed product.
What makes us different?
RSA House has 11 unique and atmospheric events spaces including the Great Room, Benjamin Franklin and Historic Vaults, providing rooms for use for all types of events including gala dinners, corporate receptions, conferences, meetings, weddings and show cases. At weekends the building can be hired for exclusive use.
We work within a family of 28 venues across London, who are very supportive to each other.
In 2017 the venue was awarded London’s Best Historic Venue, ahead of Tower of London and the National Gallery. This year the venue has been shortlisted for the Best Historic Venue, Best Wedding Venue and Best Venue Customer Service at the London Venue Awards as well as Best Wedding Venue at the Hire Space awards.
A key role within a team of 6; responsible for selling of all types of events, predominantly corporate events, under the leadership of the Head of Sales and Marketing and venue General Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to sell and plan a range of events including but not limited to conferences and meetings, private dining, product launches, award ceremonies and Christmas parties.
The role allows a breadth of responsibility encompassing proactive and reactive sales, marketing administration activities to support account growth and overall success of the team.
This position is full-time 5 days out of 7 Monday to Friday and flexibility is expected to meet with the business needs in order to represent the team when dealing with our internal bookers as well as representing the business in the external events community.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Sales and Event Coordination
- Have excellent knowledge of venue capabilities, capacities, unique selling points and pricing
- Follow up on all enquiries within 1-4 hours and record in the system
- To conduct proactive sales calls
- To build and maintain valuable working relationships with all clients and agents, existing and new
- To accurately create contracts and raise invoices
- To be responsible for sales administration
- Timely preparation of quotations, contracts and function sheets
- Conduct show rounds at every given opportunity and assist with familiarisation trips
- Meet and greet clients at events as agreed, follow up feedback and secure repeat business
- Record and share all client feedback and seek to resolve all client queries
- To keep up to date all online listings and assist with managing subscription renewals
- To actively contribute to newsletter content
- To manage the RSA House Instagram account
- Assist with the design for email banners, flyers and special offer mailers for use to market to our database of clients
- To communicate and research industry trends in food, service and creative selling, by our competitors and family of venues
The ideal candidate
Has a minimum of 2 years event sales experience, ideally within a venue
Has social media experience
Has refined oral and written communication skills
Has excellent attention to detail
Has excellent organisation and time management skills
Focuses on the achievement of own as well as team related targets and budgets
Has excellent numeracy skills
Is customer focused and confident
Is proactive and self-motivated
Is able to work well under pressure
Is enthusiastic and committed to the job and brings creative new ideas to the table
Is a team player
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: Up to £28,000 per annum with bonus opportunity of up to £3,340 per annum
If this sounds like you, then please send your CV to email@example.com
**All Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK**
Please note that due to high level of applications received; only successful candidates will be contacted.