Event Stewards are responsible for maintaining the Museum’s Venue Hire functions during out-of-hours events. Hours are as directed by the Head of Commercial Events and while on duty you will be managed by an Event Manager Usually there are two Event Stewards at any event, internal or external.
The Garden Museum
The Garden Museum has opened after an 18 month closure for a £7.5million redevelopment project, re-opening. The Development Project restored the ancient structure of St Mary-at-Lambeth and transformed it into a modern Museum. The Museum is the only Museum dedicated to the history, art and design of gardens, and the new Garden Museum opens us up to wider cultural and heritage audiences.
We hold three exhibitions per year and over 60 events including corporate hire and weddings.
- Overseeing the Museum’s site, facilities and security operations during out-of-hours events or as requested
- Knowldge of the museums exhibitions which will be provided prior to set up
- Assisting with the setup, pack down and running of internal and external events
- Light lifitng is art of the role as you need to reset certain rooms for set up
- Making sure appearance is smart and presentable when working on events
- Welcoming guests and guiding them throughout the venue where necessary
- Overseeing suppliers set-up (making sure they’re not damaging the building)
- Overseeing the load-in of caterers, production and florists and any other suppliers outside
- Helping with catering requirements such as making teas and coffees/serving their lunch and clearing the room
- Helping lock up the venue post event with the Event Manager on duty
- Covering breaks for staff
- Fluent English
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to attend out of hours events at short notice and when necessary
- Awareness of facilities and security issues
- Physically fit to do lifting and carting of displays, tables, chairs etc
- Highly organised and with attention to detail
- Ability to do at least two shifts a month
- UK/EU resident
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org