The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple - City of London
Salary £21,500 – £22,000 per annum
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at one of London’s most prestigious venues as Event Administrator.
Steeped in history, Middle Temple is one of the four Inns of Court and a professional membership organisation responsible for the training and qualification of barristers. It also manages a large heritage estate in central London from which barristers practice. Together with the other Inns of Court, it collaborates closely with organisations such as the Bar Council and Bar Standards Board in supporting the profession of the Bar.
The Events Department provides lunch Mondays to Fridays to members of the Inn and pre-booked groups in its Hall. The department is also responsible for the delivery of the catering requirements for qualifying sessions and various external client events.
Excellent benefits include a pension scheme, private medical and life cover as well as a generous leave allowance, with a Christmas closure in addition to your leave entitlement.
To apply, please send a letter with your CV explaining how you qualify for the role, what you would bring to it, and why it is a natural next career step for you, to Migena Toci at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 9 February 2018.
Due to the volume of applications received, we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants in person. If you do not hear from us within four weeks, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support in the day to day running of the Events Department, for all teams.
- Accurately input all client requests into Ungerboeck (UB), the Inns Venue Management solution.
- Assist the client with any special requests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Liaise with the Events Sales Manager to ensure effective communication to all relevant Departments, ensuring client requirements are met.
- Ensure that all amendments for functions, late bookings and special requirements are communicated effectively to those inside and outside of the Events Department.
- Support the Events Sales Manager to ensure weekly function sheets, and amendments, have been coordinated, collated, produced and distributed as per the venue’s standards.
- Ensure lunch bookings for the Hall are managed to maximise sales, occupancy and revenue.
- Have thorough knowledge of room layouts, capacities, events menus and the standard operating procedures used throughout the Inn.
- Ensure filling of Events Function Sheet and other documents as required.
- Comply with any reasonable request from the management team or your Head of Department.
- Assist the Events Team with short lead time and internal bookings.
- Ensure stationary orders for the department are completed in good time, and suitable stock levels are maintained.
- Ensure menu and place cards for events are completed accurately and in good time.
- Have thorough knowledge of the venue’s billing process, using UB to ensure correct and accurate charging and invoicing.
- Liaise with the Events Finance Administrator to ensure all charges are invoiced correctly and invoices are send out in a timely manner.
- Assist the Events Finance Administrator in the collection of outstanding payments.
- Ensure method of payment is agreed with clients, and where agreed, ensure full payment is received prior to event.
- Assist the Events Finance Administrator in maintaining accurate supplier invoices, and manage the event supplier commission income spreadsheet.
Colleagues and Team Work:
- Act in a positive, polite and respectful manner towards work colleagues.
- Actively work as part of the department to achieve our goals and objectives.
- Support all the activities of team as we strive to become a premium venue, an aspirational venue.
Keep all personal details of customers and guests, discreet and confidential, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Continually strive to enhance customer service and provide all clients, potential and returning, with the service levels expected from a premium venue.
The responsibilities in the Job Description are subject to change from time to time to reflect the changes in business requirements.