St Martin-in-the-Fields is a unique configuration of cultural, charitable and commercial initiatives rooted in the life of a vibrant Church of England congregation
We are searching for an Events and Sales Manager who will proactively generate and secure new leads for meetings and conference. In this role you will work closely with the Café Management team and Executive Chef to deliver events across the site, and the Marketing team to increase awareness and effectively market the event spaces for hire.
You will be managing a team of three, leading by example and be proactive and innovative in delivering events across the site. We have set some ambitious targets for 2019/2020, and are looking for a driven person to motivate the team, add value and deliver the results.
The spaces can be used for a wide range of events for corporate, charitable or private hire including, conferences, meetings, receptions and training events. In addition to these we can cater for parties, book launches, rehearsals, dinners and weddings.
Who we are looking for
We believe a successful Events and Sales Manager should be:
- Passionate – about understanding and responding to a client’s needs
- Enthusiastic – about hospitality and great customer care
- Hardworking – who can take the initiative to get things done and work to deadlines
- Motivated – to excel in events industry, and drive sales
- Self-starting – excellent at organisation and calm under pressure
- Friendly – able to work in a team with a fantastic team spirit
Working at St Martin’s
Based at: St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London.
Working pattern: In general will be Monday to Friday, however there is weekend work for some event bookings, 40 hours per week, including early mornings and evenings.
Salary: £30,000 – 35,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus Workplace Pension.
Free meal on duty, free filter coffee and tea throughout your working day, 20% discount in the Café in the Crypt/Courtyard and Shop (excluding books and limited concert concessions.
Holiday entitlement: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Notice period: one month
How to apply
To apply for this post, please email the following to email@example.com by 9.00 am on 17 June 2019:
- a supporting statement, explaining why you believe you can do this role
- a comprehensive CV detailing your relevant achievements in each role, and including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer.
If you would like to chat about this role, please call a member of the Human Resources Team on 020 7766 1119/1101.
Interviews will be held on 21 June 2019.