The ArcelorMittal Orbit – Britain`s tallest piece of public art - is part of the Olympic legacy that transformed East London. A landmark in its own right, it offers fantastic views of the city and is one of London’s most unique event spaces.
We are recruiting for an Events Executive. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a salary of £25,000 to £ 26,455 per annum and benefits package.
The Event Executive is a key role to assist the Head of Trade and Event Sales to convert enquiries into sales, manage key relationships and coordinate and oversee events on the day.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Accountable for event management and coordination, from initial event enquiry through to completion, working closely with suppliers including catering.
- Accountable for all relevant paperwork (including hire agreements, invoices, event briefing sheets) are up to date for all events.
- Attending the event on the day to oversee set up, greet client and troubleshoot any issues, and post event de-brief meeting when and where necessary (flexible working hours required).
- Manage all inbound event enquiries to the ArcelorMittal converting enquiries into sales.
- Developing accurate event quotes with a 24 hour turn around. These quotes could include all food and beverage, lighting and entertainment in accordance with the budget and target gross profit margins.
- To maintain accurate and comprehensive records: enquiry, conversion tables, diary, revenue trackers and projected sales.
- Supporting the Head of Trade and Event Sales on marketing for the meetings, incentives, conferences and events (MICE) target markets.
- Identify and target new accounts and new industry segments not currently using the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
- Assisting in RoI tracking of sales/marketing/PR activity for events service (some data entry).
- Act as an ambassador and represent the ArcelorMittal Orbit at fairs, industry trade shows and customer hosted events. This will include booking and making arrangements for attendance at such events.
- Assisting with relevant press visits and familiarisation trips for event bookers.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Previous role within an event planning capacity for a high-quality venue or similar business
- Experience in selling venue spaces and good knowledge of industry trends
- Understands logistics of flexible range of event spaces
- Understands MICE industry
- A Degree in Marketing, Event Management, Hospitality Management or similar is desirable
Candidates are invited to send their CV and a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role to email@example.com.