Accountable to: Events & Front of House Manager
Location: 104 Pall Mall, London
Contract type: Permanent, full time
The Reform Club is one of the oldest, and most prestigious, Private Members’ clubs in London and an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Events Executive to join this historic and iconic organisation.
The Reform Club was founded in 1836, in Pall Mall, in the centre of what is often called London’s Clubland and has been operating from the original imposing and palatial clubhouse since 1841.
The Club offers Members the benefits of an extensive library, fine dining and an excellent wine cellar. Social events, such as music and theatre evenings, garden parties, fine wine dinners, a Christmas party, and discussion evenings are arranged for Members and guests. A number of societies exist within the Club to pursue special interests, among them economics and current affairs, literature and history, the media, military intelligence and science and technology. Typically, distinguished speakers are invited to address these societies, with dinner served to Members and their guests either before or after and either formally or informally. The Club hosts over 100 of such events every year.
The Coffee Room is the Club’s principal dining room serving breakfast lunch and dinner. It is so named because the clubs of the 1700s and early 1800s evolved from London’s Coffee Houses; previous meeting places of the social and business elite. Our members benefit from the opportunity to use the Club’s elegant rooms for a wide range of private and corporate events. We have an excellent reputation for our food and wine supported by an innovative kitchen and extensive wine cellar. From celebratory lunches and dinners, weddings and receptions to talks, conferences and meetings, our magnificent rooms can be hired, combined and used in many different ways, day or evening.
Find out more at www.reformclub.com
We are looking for an Events Executive to join our team and be the primary contact for members and guests wishing to book events at the Club.
The Events Executive role assists the Event & Front of House Manager and the rest of the hospitality team to efficiently administer a full range of hospitality events including oversight of and attendance at events, which can run late into the evening. For this role, you should have outstanding people skills and be highly organised as you’ll be involved in contributing to the growth of the department’s turnover by applying sales techniques and assisting team members in applying the same, including ‘warm’ calling, relationship building, attending networking events and trade shows.
The Events Executive role comes with:
- Competitive salary plus up to 4 bonuses each year;
- Employer Funded Health Cash Plan;
- Generous holiday allowance increasing with length of service;
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions;
- Season Ticket loan;
- Meals on duty;
- Free uniform and laundry thereof;
- Occupational health service;
- Training and development opportunities
Requirements for the role
To succeed, you’ll need to be able to work seamlessly with a range of other departments as well as your colleagues, and communicate effectively with members, so teamwork and a fluent level of English are key. The successful candidate will also have:
- 1 to 2 years’ events sales experience with a good understanding of budgets.
- Event management experience
- Customer services experience and excellent interpersonal skills
- Event management experience
- Educated to at least A-level or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Experience using event booking software
- Excellent communication skills and a good level of spoken and written English.
- A positive, friendly and helpful attitude and demeanour
- Excellent grooming and presentation standards.
The Reform Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Please email Ilir Hoxha, at Ilir.Hoxha@reformclub.com
Email with the subject “Application for Events Executive via Unique Venues of London”