Wellcome Collection Operations
Wellcome Collection, 183 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE, UK
We are hiring for a Events Executive to work on events from first stages of enquiry through to delivery, contracting and invoicing of the event.
- Ensuring events are effectively managed within the conference centre through:
- Communicating with internal operating teams service partners and suppliers at weekly meetings
- Supporting and assisting clients to run their events effectively
- Ensuring accurate contracts and invoices are presented to clients and paid on time
- Working with external suppliers to ensure effective and safe delivery
- Ensuring events are delivered on time, including ensuring correct room set ups are complete and accurate
- Undertaking event duty shifts including weekend and evenings.
- Booking System and Databases
Managing successful events by:
- Understanding the booking system and using it effectively to generate reports to provide accurate information to all operations teams
- Recording all event enquiries and event details accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintaining a clean and accurate client database ensuring that all client and event details are accurate, up to date and recorded
Sales & Marketing
- Converting enquiries to confirmed revenue through effective negotiation and selling techniques.
- Conducting show arounds for new events from existing clients.
- Manage client accounts to achieve annual business targets through regular client visits, and effective contract management.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal departments, clients, agencies, relevant trade organisations and suppliers.
- Representing the organisation at exhibitions, trade association events as appropriate.
- Marketing of the venue through internal and external events.
- Social Media
- Ensuring that safe working practices are in use at all times, both internally and by clients and suppliers
- Undertake their work in accordance with Wellcome policies and principles.
- Undertaking any other work that may be reasonably required from time to time
Experience & Skills
- Some operational experience in a conference and events venue delivering events
- Exhibition and networking skills
- Account management experience
- Knowledge of an event management system
- Operational experience within a cultural venue
- Knowledge of Kinetics
- Experience of working in London conference and events
- Experience of working with internal service partners
- Successful and proven delivery of running events
- Proven experience of working towards a given target
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Proven experience of managing event finances
- Conflict resolution
- AV Knowledge
- Marketing experience and reporting for managing campagins
- Working with internal service departments such as catering, cleaning and facilities
- Knowledge of Social Media
- Good communication skills with senior management for all types of organisations.
- An understanding and awareness of the aims of Wellcome
- Good commercial experience with a similar role
Diversity & Inclusion
Wellcome strives to create a fair and healthy environment where all our colleagues feel valued and able to be their authentic selves at work. We aim to cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where our people are highly engaged and their individual contributions are celebrated. Our future success relies on enabling people to thrive.
We understand that our people have commitments and personal interests outside of work and we strive to build a flexible working environment, in which people can perform at their best.
Wellcome encourages and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. For disabled applicants, please contact us to let us know of any adjustments we can make to support you during the recruitment process.
Wellcome exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive. To make this happen, we need a working culture that brings out the best in all of us.
Our four principles – we make it count, we act boldly, we stretch ourselves, we pull together – set out how we aspire to do things and what we should expect of one another. If you like the sound of them, maybe you’d like to work with us.
Applications to be received online by 1159pm on 18 June 2019