The role of Event Manager at the Royal Hospital Chelsea is to effectively, sensitively and professionally organise, manage and deliver a range of events on site to generate income for the RHC.
• To be responsible for the organisation and management of all external and internal events on site alongside the events team and assist team members in the delivery of their events where required.
• To actively review and develop systems, procedures, and policies to ensure the events department is efficient, effective, and compliant.
• To draw up contractual agreements and invoices for venue hire and ensure an effective and coherent filing system is being maintained.
• Maintaining good communication with all suppliers prior to an event and ensuring prompt feedback is given where necessary
• To strive to improve and refine the event planning and delivery process to maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction as well as minimum impact on the buildings and disruption to the Chelsea Pensioners.
• To answer all event enquiries via email and telephone and responding to clients accordingly. This includes producing accurate and informative quotations to clients within 48 hours of the enquiry being made.
• To conduct informative and inspiring site visits of the event spaces with potential clients.
• To conduct Market Research and producing competitor analysis reports
• To develop and seek new business relationships through attending key commercial events and supplier meetings
• To support the Head of Events with the delivering of targets, strategies and initiatives in order to meet strategic objectives.
• To support the Tricorne catering operation for events, liaise with clients about their requirements, providing quotes, contracts and supporting the operational delivery of the event.
• To support the Head of Events in the strategic development of Burton Court alongside the Burton Court Manager. Providing administrative support at busy times, incorporating the MOD bookings into the commercial event activity management and project managing other larger activities within Burton Court to bring in additional income.
• The Events Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and executing a range of events at the RHC.
• The Events Manager is expected to lead by example in demonstrating the Royal Hospital Chelsea Values.
• A proven ability to effectively interact with clients
• Service oriented style with professional presentation skills
• Effective in providing exceptional customer service
• Clear concise written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skill
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience in meeting income targets and generating new income
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience of Event Management within a heritage venue (essential)
• Knowledge of event software (desirable)
An ability to lead and communicate on all aspects of event management. The role holder must be a team player with leadership skills. The role holder must be able to respond quickly and work flexibly to meet the requirements of the client.
• First Aid qualification
• Event or hospitality qualification (desirable)
To apply please contact Emma Crunden - Head of Events at: email@example.com, sending a cover letter and CV.
Application Deadline: Midday on Monday 31st January - interviews to take place on rolling basis as suitable applications are received.