Wise Productions is a creative technical production company. Our expert project managers, technicians and designers deliver a tailor made service of lighting, sound, video, staging and set design for events in London’s most unique venues and beyond. The company is made up of 30 full-time event professionals. We’re a friendly and sociable team with a professional and attentive approach towards our clients and venues.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Company Directors, this is an exciting opportunity to join a successful high-end event production company in a senior role to help shape the company’s strategy and establish systems and implement policies to support the company’s growth. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping our people develop and be productive whilst ensuring that the company operates efficiently. The General Manager will also fulfil the company’s primary HR function and will have a critical role in supporting our talented staff, guiding management and ensuring best practice is at the heart of our processes. The role will also manage key projects relating to IT improvements, internal communication, facilities management and all recruitment. The company believes strongly in personal development and training, and the successful candidate will be supported and mentored to help them succeed in this new role.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the company which are not directly event-related
- Manage all internal communications, meetings and staff social activity
- Company-wide HR resource and primary liaison with our external HR partner
- Assist the Board of Directors in developing and implementing growth strategies
- Organise training and development opportunities for employees
- Manage the company’s building and office facilities
- Develop appropriate systems to manage employee flexible working policies
- Develop and implement sustainability initiatives
- Project manage initiatives to enable the company to obtain industry recognised accreditations
- Be responsible for all HR management and development
- Design and implement HR policies and processes in conjunction with senior management
- Support and coach the management team on all people leadership matters
- Form strong relationships with the senior management team to be able to challenge professionally in order to ensure best practice is being adhered to at all levels of the company
- Design systems to ensure employees work productively and develop professionally
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees
- Design and implement a new starter induction and ensure new staff receive appropriate training to the role
- Manage the staff review process in conjunction with line managers
- Update the company server with timely, relevant forms, policies and procedures to ensure accessibility for employees at all times.
- To facilitate as a mediator when required to try and resolve employee grievances
- Implement and manage employee engagement feedback tools and ensure feedback is collated and reported to senior management
- Keep up to date with HR legislation by researching and attending necessary events, before providing suitable interpretation to senior management
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- Developed knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, facilities management, etc.)
- Experience in managing the Human Resources function in a small/medium sized business.
- Ability to build and develop relationships with employees at all levels of the business
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Able to manage own time and work autonomously with drive and enthusiasm
- Demonstrable experience of managing tasks and deadlines; able to resolve conflicting priorities
- Good work ethic and attention to detail.
What we offer:
- £36-42K basic salary per annum depending on experience.
- 37.5 hours per week.
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays.
- Additional annual leave linked to length of service.
- Development and training opportunities.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours negotiable
Hours of work:
Wise Productions’ premises are located at Perivale Park in West London, which is 3 minutes’ walk from Perivale Station (Central Line). Normal working hours are 9.30am-5.30pm, Monday-Friday. To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com