We’re looking for a Head of Commercial Events to organise, market and run income-generating events in order to generate the maximum possible surplus consistent with LWT’s vision of London alive with nature, where everyone can experience and enjoy wildlife.
As our Head of Commercial Events, you’ll manage a small but growing commercial events team who run ticketed and private hire events at LWT’s visitor centres – including weddings, corporate and private parties for groups of up to 130 people; and ticketed events including music and comedy nights.
- Manage an annual budget for all events programmes at each site, including on-target and stretch sales targets.
- Plan and market regular ticketed events at LWT sites to generate income and raise LWT profile locally.
- Oversee planning and delivery of the London Wildlife Festival, ensuring that it runs to budget and advising the Events Officer (Festival) on content and marketing
- Monitor expenditure and income pipeline against plan, and brief Director of Visitor Engagement monthly on projections and any proposed actions.
- Work with LWT marketing and comms team and external channels to ensure that LWT events are widely publicised.
- Arrange and conduct site visits, and follow-up assiduously with potential clients.
- Work with our Head of Cafes and Retail to agree dates, numbers and other requirement.
- Negotiate with suppliers including caterers, AV equipment and marquees, ensuring high quality and good value.
Salary: £37,452 - £40,488 per annum, depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave pro rata plus statutory holidays
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Scheme to support you inside and outside of work
- Supportive and inclusive policies including a family-friendly policy and enhanced flexible working policy
- ‘Staff Day’ once a quarter where you can get involved in conversation work on one of our site
- Experience of running private hire events, preferably in London.
- Experience of marketing events and of client liaison.
- The confidence to work independently to agreed priorities and budgets whilst keeping mangers informed of key developments and issues.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build constructive working relationships internally
- Experience of setting budgets and monitoring income and expenditure against agreed plans. The ability to learn to use an online finance package (we use Xledger) quickly.
- Strong ICT and administrative skills.
- Experience of organising and running public festivals would be a bonus!
For further details visit: https://londonwildlifetrust.recruitee.com/o/head-of-commercial-events
To apply for this role: https://londonwildlifetrust.recruitee.com/o/head-of-commercial-events/c/new
Closing Date: 18th October 2021 at 9am (LWT may close this position early depending on response)
Interview Date: TBC
Our vision is a London alive with nature, where everyone can experience and enjoy wildlife. We believe that the best organisations are those that reflect the communities they serve and welcome a diverse population of staff and volunteers who are able to make a real contribution to the work of London Wildlife Trust. Our efforts extend beyond recruitment. Our policies are designed to support our people including an enhanced Flexible Working policy and an inclusive Talent policy which includes our commitment to giving fair opportunities to ex-offenders. Read more about London Wildlife Trust’s commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion here: https://www.wildlondon.org.uk/jobs