Role: Operations Manager
Reports into: Head of Operations
Location: North Greenwich, London
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent (42.5 hours per week)
Who we are:
Broadwick is a multifaceted international company with headquarters in London who create, develop, own and operate a diverse portfolio of venues, spaces, events and experiences.
We believe in redefining spaces and how people experience music, art, culture and recreation by breaking down the traditional barriers. Our history and heritage is deeply rooted in music, building a portfolio of 20 global festivals before selling the portfolio in 2019 to focus on our growing portfolio of venues that includes Printworks London, Depot Mayfield Manchester, The Beams London, Exhibition London and Magazine London.
Collectively we strive to push boundaries and disrupt the cultural landscape by combining big thinking, bold ideas and commercial intelligence to produce spaces and experiences for discerning audiences in inspiring locations.
Broadwick Spaces is a business within the company that is composed of three divisions: Broadwick Spaces, Broadwick Partner Spaces and Spaces & Stories. The Broadwick Spaces division includes venues we own or lease and host client events as well as music and culture. The Broadwick Partner Spaces includes venues we manage or operate with external partners; they focus on client hires. Spaces & Stories is Broadwick portfolio sales agency.
We are made up of people who are passionate and dedicated to creating incredible spaces for people to enjoy with a lasting impact. We are a tight knit team full of supportive, talented people who are constantly pushing forward to our next new venue or project.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Operations Manager who is also a master planner and problem solver.
This person needs to be incredibly hands-on and it’s important that you are adept at building great relationships as you’ll be in day-to-day contact with our fantastic clients. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring the event runs in line with the spaces’ policies on the day so it’s essential you have a strong understanding of health & safety and facilities best practice.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensuring the smooth handover of events from the sales to the operations team. Leading on all logistical planning on allocated events to ensure successful delivery.
- Leading on all administrative tasks prior to each event and collecting / collating relevant paperwork and information to distribute to all relevant parties in good time.
- Understanding and implementing the spaces’ operational best practice and ensuring these standards are being upheld at all times. Using this to gain quotes from approved suppliers, book staff and brief / manage on the day.
- Understanding the clients and their suppliers Risk Assessments, Method Statements, schedules, Insurance Certificates and licences to ensure all are in line with the spaces and their requirements.
- Attending site visits pre-contract where necessary.
- Producing a post-event report and schedule de-briefs for the internal event team and all relevant suppliers / clients.
- Delivering the highest level of customer service and being the main onsite contact to manage the running of allocated events.
- Assisting in creating and developing processes and procedures for use internally, by suppliers and clients to ensure that planning and communication between all parties is smooth and effective.
- Maintaining strong relations with our Landlords and other stakeholders.
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of the spaces.
- Assisting the line manager in identifying and leading on longer term internal projects such as building a reliable bank of freelance talent or wider SLAs.
- Assisting the line manager in successfully devising and managing the operational launch to market of new space activations through delivering a time bound critical path to include the booking and instruction of third party suppliers.
- Assisting line manager in collating and devising required documentation, activation budgets, compiling competitor analysis and other relevant tasks.
- In collaboration with the line manager and the team, ensuring the spaces are maintained to a high standard and are fully compliant, as well as kept in a tidy and orderly fashion.
- Adding all staffing, cleaning and any miscellaneous / on-event costs to the CRM system and raising client invoices pre and post event within the agreed time frame.
- Receiving all supplier invoices relating to the event and process for payment.
- Supporting the sales team with advising clients regarding operational planning – including appropriate requirements for staffing and cleaning on a case by case basis.
- Working alongside the sales team to reconcile all event jobs post event and update the CRM system accordingly.
- Communicating your training needs and actively participating in your own development in line with your line manager’s expectations.
- Supporting the line manager with operations recruitment for your team when required.
- Creating a work environment that aligns with Broadwick values and principles.
- Ensuring we are always committed to best practice and championing the correct processes.
- Supporting the Head of Operations on new space acquisitions where appropriate.
- Carrying out ad hoc duties when required to.
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum of 2 years of event operations experience, ideally in a large scale events venue or multiple venues.
- Ability to keep calm, work under pressure and problem solve quickly.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills.
- Confidence in briefing contractors and suppliers.
- Knowledge of industry legislations, general event licensing and documentation required pre-event.
- Confidence in briefing contractors and suppliers.
- An understanding of H&S, compliance and environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- A reasonable level of competency using Microsoft and Google Drive software, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Self-motivation in addition to a positive and ‘can-do’ attitude in order to achieve tasks efficiently and to deadlines.
- Good understanding and knowledge of the local event and venue industry.
- Availability to work late nights and weekends as and when required.
Nice to haves:
- Relevant H&S Qualification (IOSH / NEBOSH)
- Personal Licence Holder
- First aid qualification
- PAT Testing training
- SIA qualification