Catering and Retail Services (CRS) provides refreshments and catering for Members, their guests and staff as well as an extensive private events service and a retail section selling gifts and souvenirs. There are several outlets offering formal dining and cafeteria style facilities including a busy banqueting operation which delivers over 900 events per annum catering for over 70,000 guests.
Working alongside other banqueting coordinators, the key objective of the role is to provide assistance to the Head of Sales and Events Manager in delivery of the full range of event and banqueting activities, including providing a high quality, professional service to Members, organisers and guests. This will be achieved by an exemplary approach to customer service and the ability to promote sales, maximizing revenue and profitability.
Assist in maintaining accurate records of forthcoming events, organize relevant correspondence, liaise with Members and external
organisations; arrange and advise on matters relating to timing, capacity, costs, seating, format, printing of invitations and menus, av
requirements, protocol and security.
• A proactive approach to maximising additional sales opportunities for increasing revenue and profitability
• Prepare the weekly function sheets for all function rooms. Pass on information to the appropriate outlets including final numbers and last
minute changes. Advise Chefs of special dietary requirements. Attend weekly function briefing meetings and advise on queries when
• Assist and advise on printing requirements including invitations, menus, table plans and place cards liaising with printer as required.
• Ensure timely confirmation of details regarding forthcoming events and ensure all appropriate information is received within 14 days of
• Administer up to date guest list information for security.
• Collect guests from the pass office for meetings and show rounds.
• Assist with booking confirmation and the sending out of up to date menu Packs three months ahead of booked events.
• Assist the Senior Events Manager/Events Manager in the supervision of events as necessary which may include some overtime working during evenings and occasional weekends as the function Duty Manager.
• Carry out administrative duties in line with the House of Lords Banqueting Rules.
• To adhere to a defined set of key performance standards, designated by the Head of Sales and Events Manager
• To support the marketing activities and promotion of the events services internally and at special events (eg trade shows)
• Liaise with Black Rods and security when required to arrange access and vehicles
• Undertake other reasonable job related tasks as directed by a Manager when required. This may include substitution for other posts both at
equal or subordinate grades within the Department to cover, for example, sick absence or increased demand for service.
• Observe all legislative requirements including those concerning fire, food hygiene, and health and safety at work and if necessary report to the Health and Safety Co-ordinator
• Attend regular team meetings
• To practice good colleague relations and communication at all times
• Maintain cordial and effective working relationships with all departments within the Palace of Westminster
To Apply: https://housesofparliament.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-13/b... Please complete your online application by 10am on Monday 4 July 2022. If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please contact HLHumanresources@parliament.uk or call 020 7219 3185. Please ensure you discuss your application with your Head of Office and your line manager before you submit your application. If you wish to find out more information about this post, please email Emma Finch email@example.com