CH&Co Venues are one of the UK's most innovative contract catering, hospitality and food services companies. We create imaginative tailor-made food and catering solutions for our clients, delivered with exceptional service.
The RSA is an enlightenment organisation that seeks to understand and enhance human potential, located in the heart of the West End. It is dependent on revenue from external events, fellowship subscriptions, sponsorship and donations in order to carry out this important work.
RSA House has 11 unique and atmospheric events spaces including the Great Room, Benjamin Franklin and Historic Vaults, providing rooms for use for all types of events including gala dinners, corporate receptions, conferences, meetings, weddings and show cases. At weekends the building can be hired for exclusive use.
CH&Co believe that great food comes from great ingredients. We use seasonal British produce, cook it simply and let the food speak for itself.
We work within a family of 28 venues across London, who are very supportive to each other.
A key role within a team of 6; responsible for selling of all types of events under the leadership of the Sales & Marketing Manager and venue General Manager. This is an exciting opportunity, taking the lead on all the RSA’s events including weekly public lectures, high profile dinners, training days, and the annual Christmas Party.
This role takes on responsibility as the primary contact for fellow’s events and internal events with responsibility for selling and administrating to meet revenue targets. It also provides ownership for development opportunities within this important market and managing the relationship effectively with our internal clients and fellows.
The role allows a breadth of responsibility encompassing proactive and reactive sales, marketing administration activities as well as assistance with some sales activity for the wider team to support account growth and overall success of the team.
This position is full-time 5 days out of 7 Monday to Friday and flexibility is expected to meet with the business needs in order to represent the team when dealing with our internal bookers as well as representing the business in the external events community.
Sales and Event Coordination
- Have excellent knowledge of venue capabilities, capacities, unique selling points and pricing
- Follow up on all enquiries within 24 hours and record in the system
- Timely preparation of quotations, contracts and function sheets
- Conduct show rounds and assist with familiarisation trips
- Meet and greet clients at events as agreed, follow up feedback and secure repeat business
- Coordinate material and equipment for sales presentations including client gifts and giveaways
- Record and share all client feedback and seek to resolve all client queries
- To keep up to date all online listings and assist with managing subscription renewals
- To update weekly the venue hire section of the RSA website
- To actively contribute to newsletter content
- To contribute content for social media channels
- To refresh menu designs for each season
- Design marketing email banners, flyers and special offer mailers for use to market to our database of clients
- To communicate and research industry trends in food, service and creative selling, by our competitors and family of venues
The ideal candidate
- Has previous customer facing experience in event sales/ food and beverage operations
- Has social media experience
- Has refined oral and written communication skills
- Has good attention to detail
- Has excellent organisation and time management skills
- Focuses on the achievement of own as well as team related targets and budgets
- Has excellent numeracy skills
- Is customer focused and confident
- Is highly competent in use of MS Office
- Is proactive and self-motivated
- Is able to work well under pressure
- Is enthusiastic and committed to the job and brings creative new ideas to the table
- Is a team player
- Is passionate about food
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: £24,000 per annum with bonus opportunity of up to £2,500 per annum
If this sounds like you, then please forward us your CV