Job Role: Sales & Events Coordinator
Location: Spitalfields Venue
Salary: £20,000-22,000 per annum
Reports To: Sales Manager
Position: Full time 40 hours per week
About the Venue
Spitalfields Venue comprises of two separate venues Spitalfields and Hanbury Hall.
Spitalfields Venue is an inspiring destination for private, corporate and charity events including Hawksmoor’s breathtaking masterpiece, Christ Church, with recently refurbished event spaces in the Crypt.
Hanbury Hall, is a nearby historic Huguenot chapel, perfect for smaller meetings, pop up events and exhibitions.
Situated adjacent to Spitalfields Market in Shoreditch, we are a year-round venue offering both daytime and evening hire. Our high quality, unique event facilities can accommodate guests for a variety of event types from conferences and receptions to weddings, awards dinners and parties for up to 600. This stunning building offers a true ‘wow factor’ and as such we love to create bespoke experiences for our guests at their events.
About the company
Graysons operate the events & café business onsite at Spitalfields Venue and Hanbury Hall; a catering company with a diverse portfolio including the British Library, Royal Overseas League, Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecology & Wakehurst. Graysons key principles are to use the freshest most local ingredients to inspire chefs and managers to create delicious food and fabulous service.
We are looking for a highly efficient & competent sales professional to join our small but busy team. A new role within a growing team we require an individual with a good understanding of the industry and proven track record of converting business in a target driven environment. The role would involve taking initial phone & email enquiries, through to event completion; including the coordination with the client and liaising with chefs & operational staff. As well as proactive sales activity; attending networking events, forming relationships with agents & third parties and managing the social media handles.
• Previous event sales experience
• Knowledge & experience of the events catering industry
• Flexible and willing to work the occasional evening or weekend as required
• Excellent IT skills & Microsoft Office, attention to detail and familiarity with online diary systems.
• Excellent negotiating skills with the ability to work flexibly and creatively with the established pricing structure to encourage repeat business.
• Confident to work alone, with a level-headed approach to a busy and demanding work environment.
• Warm individual with an outgoing personality; looking to join a fun & quirky team
• Experience using Rendezvous – event booking system
• Experience working in a unique or historical venue
• Experience creating bespoke events
To apply or request further information, please email: