Role: Sales & Events Co-ordinator (CH&CO Catering)
Location: ZSL London Zoo
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000
CH&Co Venues are one of the UK's most innovative contract catering, hospitality and food services companies. We create imaginative tailor-made food and catering solutions for our clients, delivered with exceptional service. This role is working for our clients, ZSL London Zoo, who has 12 unique private venues that can hosts events from 20 - 800 guests.
The role is responsible for the achievement of the sales and marketing function objectives. Building and maintaining positive relationships with prospective and existing clients, delivering an excellent customer experience throughout the sales process to maximise conversion and being a key contributor in a high performing team. Developing new revenue streams through business development initiatives and supporting the delivery of a first class customer experience through excellent event management.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Sales and Business Development
- Meet team and personal targets set by the Head of Sales & Marketing.
- Have excellent knowledge of the site, venues, unique selling points and the f&b offering.
- Achieve higher average spend by effective use of up selling to each client.
- Ensure all enquiries are dealt with according to sales standards and are processed through the sites event software system and followed up.
- Create quotes and proposals for clients for events ensuring that:
- Costs are accurate and company policy followed
- Profit margins are maintained
- Quality is not compromised
- The client’s requirements are met
- The CH&O brand is not diluted in any way
- Record commissions on the allocated tracker document
- Conduct show rounds and food tastings that are organised and set up to company standards.
- Support the Head of Sales & Marketing in the fulfilment of sales and marketing tasks, including but not limited to new packages, benchmarking, marketing projects, social media initiatives and proactive sales activity.
- Organise and host various client familiarisation events in efforts to create new business.
- Carry out business development activity such as developing your own prospect list and activity plan, proactive calls, offsite meetings, site visits and attend networking events.
- Work with the Head of Sales & Marketing to identify quiet periods of the business and present plans/ideas to maximise sales.
- Collate the function sheets for the kitchen and back of house department for all tastings and events.
- To personally manage large and small scale events, including all aspects of liaison with the client, suppliers and internal teams to ensure successful running of the event.
- Ensure all the equipment agreed with the client is ordered and placed for all events within the budget set out in the proposal document.
- Ensure that all operational packs are collated at the end of the event that would include, timesheets, drinks consumption, hire sheets in preparation for billing.
- Run through billing for final sign off with the Head of Sales & Marketing and finance teams.
- Support the operations team in accurately producing, maintaining and updating operations manuals, schedules, event plans, briefings and budgets as necessary.
- Communicate and provide information to internal departments and colleagues to assist and enable sales activities to run smoothly.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and clients both internal and external.
- Attend events meetings with the operations teams.
- Represent the Sales team in an efficient, friendly and organised manner.
- Establish any other cross-business within organisation.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience of being a high performer in an event sales team and managing events in a similar setting.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills
- Track record of working to and delivering financial targets
- Ability to use computerised diary booking systems
- A passion for animals and food