We are looking for a new Sales & Events Executive to work alongside the Landing Forty Two venue team to sell, plan and deliver events in London's highest events space. Working in the heart of the city, this role will be responsible for everything from taking enquiries to delivering events as well as maintaining key relationships with event agents and clients. You will manage and maintain positive working relationships with key suppliers involved in event delivery.
· Take day to day bookings, telephone and email enquiries, sending successful quotes and relevant marketing collateral to clients as required, raising contracts and invoices using our bespoke events management system (Event Works).
· To ensure data entry into Event Works is as per Venue Lab guidelines to ensure information is correct and to allow for accurate reporting.
· To carry out site visits with clients at every opportunity. Show them the venue and explain the space and options for various events, catering and production packages as well as logistics relating to install and de-rig.
· To fully coordinate events, booking security, raising permits, booking loading bay slots and preparing function sheets.
· To event manage; meeting and greeting clients, acting as the central contact thought out the day whilst coordinating all suppliers to ensure the client has a seamless event at the venue.
· To conduct post event, follow up research with the client with the aim of securing repeat business or new business for the wider Venue Lab portfolio.
· To understand the fundamentals of diary and yield management to maximise sales and profit at all opportunities at the venue.
· To ensure all events are invoiced and reconciled when required, from the deposit schedule through to balance and commission invoices, chase late invoices and debt management.
· To assist the venue team managing the venue’s tied suppliers across production and catering and facilitate the client liaison.
· To contribute ideas in planning and assist in delivering the annual marketing strategy.
· Attend networking events, exhibitions and other promotional activities as and when required to actively promote Venue Lab and Landing Forty Two.
· Continually keep up to date with event industry trends, recognise new and suitable opportunities.
· To offer input and ideas to develop team processes, increase client satisfaction and improve venue operation
· At least 1 years of experience working within an event venue sales team or similar.
· Previous experience of selling profitably, maximising sales and achieving targets.
· A head for multi-tasking to manage various tasks and events including the nuances of each client’s requirements.
· Working knowledge of the London venue market and key venue finding agents.
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written, with an excellent telephone manner, and strong client-facing skills.
· A high attention to detail and strong organizational skills
· The ability to work to short turnaround times, and work under pressure, with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work with clients on all levels, including demanding and complex clients.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office packages to include Word and Excel, with a specific Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure.
· Focus on proof-reading and the use of excel.
· Proficient in the use of Mac computers, including Mac mail programmes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain great experience in a fantastic desirable City venue. Working alongside the Head of City Venue, you will work alongside great people, gain long lasting connections and have the opportunity to grow and professionally develop in the industry. You will have 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) as well as benefit from our generous bonus scheme.
Think this is the opportunity for you? Apply today!
How to apply: Through our careers site HERE