Reports to: Head of Sales & Events
Based at: Printworks London
Working hours: 9am – 5.30pm (some evenings and weekends)
Nearest tube: Canada Water
To sell events to the corporate, brand, filming and cultural market.
Being reactive to new enquiries received via email and telephone.
Work alongside the sales team to deliver agreed venue budget.
To develop key working relationships with event agents and clients.
To promote Venue Lab in line with the annual marketing strategy.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Use client and sales skills to convert enquiries to bookings to ensure the venue meets its proposed monthly and annual targets.
- Take day to day bookings, telephone and email enquiries, sending successful quotes and relevant marketing collateral to clients as required, raising contracts and invoices using our bespoke events management system (Event Works).
- To work with both the sales team and the operations team to deliver all events at the venue successfully.
- To ensure data entry into Event Works is as per Venue Lab guidelines to ensure information is correct and to allow for accurate reporting.
- To carry out site visits with clients at every opportunity. Show them the venue and explain the space and options for various events, catering and production packages as well as logistics relating to install and derig.
- Understand the full sales to operations process of the event journey and recognise the most suitable stage in the process where the operations team are introduced to the client in order for the dedicated Operations Manager to plan, coordinate and deliver the event.
- Meet and greet clients on event days.
- Event / Venue management as and when required.
- To conduct post event follow up research with the client with the aim of securing repeat business or new business for the wider Venue Lab portfolio.
- To ensure all events are invoiced and reconciled on time, from the deposit schedule through to balance and commission invoices, chase late invoices and debt management.
- To facilitate the client liaison with the venue’s production and catering suppliers
- Maximise sales and profit at all opportunities.
- Follow and contribute to the venue’s key account management plan which retains clients and develops new business relationships for the Venue Lab portfolio.
- Attend networking events, exhibitions and other promotional activities as and when required to actively promote Venue Lab.
- Keep up to date with event industry trends and recognise new and suitable opportunities.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
Required skills and experience
- At least 1 year of experience working within the event industry.
- Previous experience of selling profitably, maximising sales and achieving targets.
- A head for multi-tasking to manage various tasks and events including the nuances of each client’s requirements.
- Working knowledge of the London venue market and key venue finding agents.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written, with an excellent telephone manner, and strong client-facing skills.
- A high attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- The ability to work to short turnaround times, and work under pressure.
- Ability to work with clients on all levels, including demanding and complex clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages to include Word and ExCel, with a specific Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure.
- Proficient in the use of Mac computers, including Mac mail programmes.
Core Vibration Group competencies:
Commercial acumen – demonstrate operational knowledge and be comfortable with the mission, strategy, and objectives of the company.
Customer service – demonstrate a strong focus on service delivery, be thoughtful and thorough in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers. Understand and anticipate customer needs and strive to exceed expectations.
Personal motivation / passion and drive – strive for improvement to own skills, knowledge and behaviour. Take responsibility for achieving business results.
Personal adaptability – work comfortably and effectively in an environment of ambiguity or change. Tackle problems positively, be receptive to new ideas and respond with flexibility and optimism. Have the ability to multi-task and balance numerous projects.
Communication – communicate information in a timely fashion. Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues and teams. Listen carefully when accepting the input of others. Demonstrate effective written and oral communication.
Teamwork – work efficiently and effectively in a team environment to achieve shared business targets and goals. Respect and support your fellow colleagues to ensure excellent service delivery to all internal and external customers.
Integrity – understand and take into account the global nature of the business and work well with team members from other cultures and countries. Listen effectively, understand other points of view and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
Finance – understand the fundamental impact the processing of financial information has on the business, ensuring time is taken to understand relevant budgets / P&Ls and gathering information and reporting in a timely manner.
IT – demonstrate proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of Eventworks and specific design programmes. Show a good understanding of social media.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus paid throughout the year (non contractual)
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Paid overtime (at your agreed hourly rate) or time back in lieu for time worked on events before or after your normal working hours
- Pension scheme
- Excellent career development across the business. Venue Lab and the Vibration Group have a strong growth strategy and we always seek to recruit and promote internally first.
apply to firstname.lastname@example.org