Sales Executive – Maternity Cover - 40 hours per week
Reporting to: Sales & Marketing Manager
Based at: RSA House
Start Date: ASAP
Harbour & Jones is one of the UK's most innovative contract catering, hospitality and food services companies. We create imaginative tailor-made food and catering solutions for our clients, delivered with exceptional service.
The Client (the venue)
The RSA is an enlightenment organisation that seeks to understand and enhance human potential located in the heart of the West End. It is dependent on revenue from external events, fellowship subscriptions, sponsorship and donations in order to carry out this important work.
RSA House has a total of 12 event spaces, which are used regularly by both internal clients who are fellows of the RSA and a range of external individuals and companies.
A key role within a team of 5; responsible for selling predominantly corporate events under the leadership of the Sales & Marketing Manager and venue General Manager, with responsibility for selling and administrating to meet revenue targets. Some flexibility is expected to meet with the business needs.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Sales and Event Coordination
- Have excellent knowledge of venue capabilities, capacities, unique selling points and pricing
- Follow up on all enquiries within 24 hours and record in the system
- Timely preparation of quotations, contracts and function sheets
- Conduct show rounds and assist with familiarisation trips
- Meet and greet clients at events as agreed, follow up feedback and secure repeat business
- Coordinate material and equipment for sales presentations including client gifts and giveaways
- Represent venue at trade shows and exhibitions and support Harbour & Jones family- led hospitality
- Record and share all client feedback and seek to resolve all client queries
- Focusing on establishing good working relationships with our corporate clients and agents, dealing with their bookings from enquiry to event date.
- Participate in events meetings with the operations teams
- To maintain and develop relationships with existing and new clients
- To internally champion the RSA
- To promote H+J partnership within the venue
Administration and Organisation
- Manage administration of event sheets for your own bookings as well as assisting the wider team when required. Communicate accurate event operational information to H+J and RSA operations
- Accurately raise invoices and take responsibility for receipt of payments
- Respond to e mail enquiries in a timely manner, ensuring your own and the shared inboxes are all up to date
- Maintain and update venue sales database; regularly increasing the quantity of contacts and improving quality
The ideal candidate
- Has previous experience in event sales/operations in a similar venue
- Has some social media experience
- Has refined oral and written communication skills
- Has good attention to detail
- Has excellent organisation and time management skills
- Has excellent numeracy skills
- Is customer focused
- Is highly competent in use of MS Office and diary management system Rendezvous (or similar)
- Is proactive and self-motivated
- Is able to work well under pressure
- Is enthusiastic and committed to the job and brings creative new ideas to the table
- Is a team player
- Is passionate about food
Hours: 40 per week Monday - Friday with some flexibility
Salary: £25,000-£28,000 paid according to experience, per annum
If this sounds like you, then please forward us your CV and a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted as applications are received, and as such, the deadline date is subject to change.
**All Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK**