Our purpose at English National Ballet is to bring world-class ballet to as many people as possible, wherever they are and whatever their means; we break down social barriers to bring dance to different communities and people of all ages.
As Senior Major Gifts Manager you will join a multi-cultural community, where you can contribute your talent and skills to support our purpose; we will provide you with the tools to thrive in a modern workplace where you will have the opportunity to develop and broaden your knowledge and skills. We foster a culture of continuous improvement, and we want to see you grow in your role.
About the role
As a Senior Major Gifts Manager you will support ENB’s vision and the Development Department’s strategy, to grow philanthropic income. Reporting to the Head of Major and Principal Gifts and line managing the Major Gifts Officer, you will nurture relationships with donors, develop the prospect pipeline and secure major gifts (£10k - £250k per annum ) from high-net-worth individuals. You will also act as the primary Development liaison with the Events team, jointly overseeing our cultivation and stewardship events.
Working to the priorities set by the Director of Development and Head of Major and Principal Gifts, the role will focus on:
- Identifying new donors and working with existing supporters, to secure 5 and 6 figure gifts.
- Proposing creative approaches to achieve personal and team income targets whilst providing excellent, engaging stewardship to donors.
- Overseeing the planning and execution of Development event, supported by the Events team.
- Managing the Major Gifts Officer, conducting regular 1:1’s and supporting their development.
- Manage a personal portfolio of 50-70 prospects and donors to deliver personal, team and departmental income targets
- Lead, develop and manage the Major Gifts Officer, ensuring a high standard of work output, professional behaviour and resource management, with support for learning and development
- Oversee the Development events programme, working closely with the Events team to ensure that guest lists, seating plans and briefing notes are completed with accuracy and to scheduled timelines and that events are delivered within budget
- Managing a portfolio of major donors and prospects, devising bespoke cultivation and solicitation plans, as part of moves management
- Write compelling and tailored funding proposals and provide stewardship opportunities such as site visits and attending rehearsals, with the guidance and support of the Head of Major and Principal Gifts
- Working with the Internal Events Manager and Development colleagues, be responsible for number of logistical aspects of cultivation and stewardship events including briefing notes, seating plans and post event thank you communications, supported by the Supporter Engagement Team
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
Key Selection Criteria
As a Senior Major Gifts Manager you will need to demonstrate that you have:
- Experience of working in fundraising within the arts, higher education or third sectors and a demonstrable understanding of best practice in donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Experience of securing five and six-figure gifts from high net-worth individuals.
- Highly effective relationship development skills with ability to influence others via negotiation and keeping a diplomatic approach.
- Ability to draft and deliver high quality funding proposals and reports, with accurate and relevant information for any reporting requirements.
- Experience of managing multiple workstreams and supporting line reports to priorities and deliver their own work.
- Knowledge of fundraising, relationship and/or ticketing databases, Tessitura or similar.
HOW TO APPLY
Follow the link below and apply on our website
Please submit your application by Monday 27th February 2024.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where staff of all backgrounds can thrive and grow. We would particularly like to hear from black and global majority applicants and from applicants living with a disability or a long-term health condition, both groups which are currently underrepresented in our organisation. As a Disability Confident Committed employer, we guarantee to offer an interview to applicants with disability or a long-term health condition who meet the key selection criteria.
We actively seek to mitigate bias in our screening methods to ensure a fair and inclusive selection process. For this reason, we request that you submit a completed application form and respond fully to each of the key selection criteria, as your application will be evaluated on this basis.
Please contact us if you need to request any reasonable adjustments to attend the recruitment process or if you need an alternative application format, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if we receive sufficient suitable applications.