Role: Senior Sales & Events Manager
Reports into: Head of Portfolio Sales
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent (42.5 hours per week)
Who we are:
Broadwick is a multifaceted international company with headquarters in London who create, develop, own and operate a diverse portfolio of spaces, events and experiences.
We believe in redefining spaces and how people experience music, art, culture and recreation by breaking down the traditional barriers. Our history and heritage is deeply rooted in music, building a portfolio of 20 global festivals before selling the portfolio in 2019 to focus on our growing portfolio of spaces that includes Printworks London, Depot Mayfield Manchester, The Beams London, Exhibition London and Magazine London.
Collectively we strive to push boundaries and disrupt the cultural landscape by combining big thinking, bold ideas and commercial intelligence to produce spaces and experiences for discerning audiences in inspiring locations.
Broadwick Spaces is a business within the company that is composed of three divisions: Broadwick Spaces, Broadwick Partner Spaces and Spaces & Stories. The Broadwick Spaces division includes spaces we own or lease and host client events as well as music and culture. The Broadwick Partner Spaces includes spaces we manage or operate with external partners and have a focus on client hires. Spaces & Stories is Broadwick portfolio sales agency.
We are made up of people who are passionate and dedicated to creating incredible spaces for people to enjoy with a lasting impact. We are a tight knit team full of supportive, talented people who are constantly pushing forward to our next new venue or project.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a talented Senior Sales & Event Manager to deliver and execute our sales strategy in collaboration with the Head of Portfolio Sales for Broadwick Spaces.
This person will lead on the day to day handling and conversion of incoming enquiries while executing sales strategies for growth across their spaces. They will be accountable for the sales performance targets and KPI’s for their spaces.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Successfully delivering the sales strategies with the support of the sales team including:
- diary management
- identifying new events, opportunities, and markets
- data recording via CRM software
- business development and proactive sales
- relationship management
- marketing initiatives
- Ensuring all sales targets are achieved and KPIs are constantly monitored based on metrics adopted across the business.
- Ensuring the highest standards of sales operations for the space are met.
- Working with the line manager and Spaces & Stories to deliver proactive sales strategies and tactics that best support the long and short term sales performance of the space.
- Confidently negotiate contracts in order to meet conversion KPI’s.
- Carrying out site visits with clients at every opportunity, accurately explaining the space and options for various events, including our suppliers, as well as logistics relating to install and derig.
- Working with the Head of Sales & Events, central Marketing team and other space leaders to deliver data and evidence based marketing strategies across the space.
- Ensuring marketing strategies are delivered and targets and that KPIs are constantly monitored based on metrics adopted across the business.
- Ensuring the highest standard of marketing operations.
- Ensuring you act as brand guardian and grow the brands across your space as agreed with the brand team.
- Ensuring compliance with Broadwick group policies, procedures and metrics across the space.
- Raising event invoices when required, pre and post event, including chasing late invoices/debt management. Working alongside the operations team to ensure all events are fully reconciled within 2 weeks post event.
- Providing reports to the line manager when required.
- Educating your team in sales when required, ensuring they fully understand the expected standards and their role in delivering them.
- Working with the operations team to ensure compliance with Broadwick group policies, procedures and metrics across the spaces.
- Communicating your training needs and actively participating in your own development in line with the line manager’s expectations.
- Creating a work environment that aligns with Broadwick values and principles.
- Carrying out ad hoc duties when required to.
You’ll need to have:
- A proven track record of delivering on sales targets and KPI’s for complex, multifaceted venues.
- At least 2 years of experience working within an event venue sales team or similar.
- Can demonstrate commerciality through experience of selling profitably, sales negotiations, maximising sales, achieving targets and writing sales strategies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the local venue market and key venue finding agents.
- Ability to work with clients on all levels and with all areas of the business. With a specific ability to stay calm and focused under pressure.
- Strong understanding of how to intelligently collaborate with marketing, brand and venue leaders to deliver evidence based marketing strategies.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple venue projects simultaneously through effective prioritisation and multi-tasking.
- Exceptional commercial acumen demonstrated through the alignment of business mission, strategies and objectives.
- An open, honest communication style.
- Endless positivity, and a proactive approach to your work.
- Excellent communication skills - you need to be great at communication to a wide range of people.
- Proficient in the use of Mac computers, G-Suite and Microsoft Office packages.
Nice to have:
- Proficient in the use of Salesforce or other similar CRM software.
For further information and to apply: https://apply.workable.com/broadwick/j/ABE8E1B8F4/