Venue Lab has a strong growth strategy over the next few years which will create a number of new opportunities through our business. For the right candidate we would expect there to be a position available at the end of this contract.
Reports to: Director of Venues, Venue Lab
Based at: Landing Forty Two, 42nd Floor, The Leadenhall building, 122 Leadenhall Street, London
Working hours: 9am – 5.30pm or 9.30am – 6pm
Nearest tube: Cannon Street, Monument or Bank
To manage Landing Forty Two – an exclusive events venue within The Leadenhall Building.
To manage a team of three Event Managers to take enquiries, contract, manage and deliver all events at Landing Forty Two, including post event budget reconciliation and reporting.
Deliver agreed budget set.
To manage and maintain positive working relationships with key suppliers involved in event delivery including catering, production, security and cleaning.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To work with your team of Event Managers to deliver all events at the venue successfully
- To be a leader of your team, offering direction and support, ensuring the venue has the correct level of skills to deliver the events as required
- To continue to monitor and review the processes of the team, ensuring the clients receive the best in class service and that the venue operates in the most efficient way
- To oversee your team of Event Managers taking day to day bookings for Landing Forty Two, taking telephone and email enquiries, sending information to clients as required, and raising contracts and invoices using our bespoke Events Management System (Event Works).
- To carry out site visits with clients, showing them the venue and explaining the space and options for various events, catering and production packages, as well as logistics relating to install and derig
- Using client and sales skills to convert enquiries to bookings to ensure the venue meets its proposed monthly targets
- Financial management of all events, proactively monitoring sales, margins and expenses, and identifying negative variance against budget, as well as delivering budgeted income
- Reconciling all events at Landing Forty Two. Agreeing the final figures in the management accounts generated by the accounts department
- To ensure all events are invoiced when required, from deposit through to balance and commission invoices, including chasing of late invoices
- To manage the venue’s tied suppliers across production, catering, cleaning and security, managing the client liaison and invoicing
- To be main point of contact with the building management team continuing the positive working relationship
- To work with our in-house marketing team to plan and deliver the annual marketing strategy and budget
- To assist in the preparation of monthly reports to our joint venture partners including the compilation of feedback reports, event images and event summaries.
Required skills and experience
- Previous experience of managing Profit and Loss / budget.
- A head for multi-tasking to manage various events and the nuances of each client’s requirements as the diary dictates
- Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure
- Working knowledge of the London venue market and key venue finding agents
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written, with an excellent telephone manner, and strong client-facing skills
- Managed a sales team previously
- The ability and initiative to work with clients to ensure their needs are being met, and to secure bookings for the venue
- The ability to work to short turnaround times, and work under pressure, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with clients on all levels, including demanding and complex clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages to include Word and ExCel, with a specific focus on proof-reading and the use of excel
- Proficient in the use of Mac computers, including Mac mail programs
- Head for heights!
Core Vibration Group competencies:
Commercial acumen – demonstrate operational knowledge and be comfortable with the mission, strategy, and objectives of the company.
Customer service – demonstrate a strong focus on service delivery, be thoughtful and thorough in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers. Understand and anticipate customer needs and strive to exceed expectations.
Personal motivation / passion and drive – strive for improvement to own skills, knowledge and behaviour. Take responsibility for achieving business results.
Personal adaptability – work comfortably and effectively in an environment of ambiguity or change. Tackle problems positively, be receptive to new ideas and respond with flexibility and optimism. Have the ability to multi-task and balance numerous projects.
Communication – communicate information in a timely fashion. Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues and teams. Listen carefully when accepting the input of others. Demonstrate effective written and oral communication.
Teamwork – work efficiently and effectively in a team environment to achieve shared business targets and goals. Respect and support your fellow colleagues to ensure excellent service delivery to all internal and external customers.
Integrity – understand and take into account the global nature of the business and work well with team members from other cultures and countries. Listen effectively, understand other points of view and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
IT – demonstrate proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of Eventworks and specific design programmes. Show a good understanding of social media.
Finance – understand the fundamental impact the processing of financial information has on the business, ensuring time is taken to understand relevant budgets / P&Ls and gathering information and reporting in a timely manner.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus paid throughout the year (non-contractual)
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Paid overtime (at your agreed hourly rate) or time back in lieu for time worked on events before or after your normal working hours
- Pension scheme
- Excellent career development across the business. Venue Lab and Vibration Group have a strong growth strategy and we always seek to recruit and promote internally first.
- Opportunity to join in Leadenhall live events (some are paid activities and subject to availability)
Please send your C.V and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Friday 15th March 2019