LOCATION: Printworks London, SE16 7PJ
HOURS: General office hours of Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:30 however these hours will vary to accommodate delivery of events
42.5 hours per working week
LINE MANAGER: Day to day reporting into Head of Operations, with line management from Head of Sales & Events
A unique opportunity to join the team who manage London’s most exciting large-scale dynamic event space; Printworks London.
Alongside its renowned music shows, the venue plays host to a diverse range of events from large scale conferences, to exhibitions, festivals, product launches, film shoots and award ceremonies. For a snapshot, please take a look at our highlights of 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsppbH2ElU0&feature=youtu.be
Printworks sits alongside a diverse collection of venues within Venue Lab’s portfolio. For more info please take a look a the website: www.venuelab.co.uk
To be part of the venue’s Events Team and successfully deliver the operations of the corporate and brand events, and film shoots at Printworks London, alongside the Head of Operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- To ensure the smooth handover of events from the sales to the operations team
- Lead on all logistical planning on allocated events to ensure successful delivery; to include but not limited to:
- Lead on all administrative tasks prior to each event, and collect / collate relevant paperwork and information to distribute to all relevant parties in good time.
- Understanding the venue’s staffing and service requirements for security, cleaning, crew and stewarding. Using this to gain quotes from approved suppliers, book staff and brief / manage on the day.
- Book and lead site visits and planning meetings with the clients, suppliers, mandatory and external suppliers.
- Reading and understanding the clients and their suppliers Risk Assessments, Method Statements, schedules, Insurance Certificates and licences to ensure all are in line with the venue and its requirements.
- Supporting the Sales Team with advising clients regarding operational planning – including appropriate requirements for staffing and cleaning on a case by case basis.
- To attend site visits pre-contract where necessary.
- Produce a post-event report and schedule de-briefs for the internal event team, and all relevant suppliers / clients.
- Deliver the highest level of customer service and be the main onsite contact to manage the running of all corporate, brand and filming events.
- Ensuring additional support is arranged for onsite assistance as and when required.
- To assist in creating and developing processes and procedures for use internally, by suppliers and clients to ensure that planning and communication between all parties is smooth and effective.
- To be aware of tenants within the building and assist in managing their movements during live events.
- To provide assistance to the Head of Operations as and when required.
- Add all staffing, cleaning and any miscellaneous / on-event costs to the CRM system, Event Works, and raise client invoices pre and post event within the agreed time frame.
- Receive all supplier invoices relating to the event and process for payment.
- Work alongside the Sales Team to reconcile all event jobs post event and update Event Works accordingly.
- Maximise sales and upsell at all opportunities.
COMMUNITY (the below is not required initially however with a view to this being part of the role towards the end of 2019)
- Point of contact for all community projects/groups, particularly management of Global Generation’s presence in the building.
- Establishing and maintaining good relations with local residents and identifying when events require resident comms over email and / or letter drop.
- Maintaining strong relations with local establishments including Surrey Quays Shopping Centre, Canada Water Station, local library.
- Attend community meetings, as and when required.
- Liaising with British Land with regards to their community objectives.
- Feed in any potential community opportunities to the Sales Team.
- Work alongside the Facilities Team to oversee the day to day running of the venue and support the Printworks Intern to produce Daily and Weekly Schedules for the building and tenant communications.
- General ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Minimum of 2 years of event operations experience, ideally in a large scale events venue.
- Ability to keep calm, work under pressure and problem solve quickly.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Confidence in briefing contractors and suppliers.
- Knowledge of industry legislations, general event licensing and documentation required pre event.
- Ideally an understanding of production and AV.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach and attitude.
CORE VENUE LAB COMPETENCIES:
Commercial acumen – demonstrate operational knowledge and be comfortable with the mission, strategy, and objectives of the company.
Customer service – demonstrate a strong focus on service delivery, be thoughtful and thorough in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers. Understand and anticipate customer needs and strive to exceed expectations.
Personal motivation / passion and drive – strive for improvement to own skills, knowledge and behaviour. Take responsibility for achieving business results.
Personal adaptability – work comfortably and effectively in an environment of ambiguity or change. Tackle problems positively, be receptive to new ideas and respond with flexibility and optimism. Have the ability to multi-task and balance numerous projects.
Communication – communicate information in a timely fashion. Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues and teams. Listen carefully when accepting the input of others. Demonstrate effective written and oral communication.
Teamwork – work efficiently and effectively in a team environment to achieve shared business targets and goals. Respect and support your fellow colleagues to ensure excellent service delivery to all internal and external customers.
Integrity – understand and take into account the global nature of the business and work well with team members from other cultures and countries. Listen effectively, understand other points of view and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
IT – demonstrate proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of Eventworks and specific design programmes. Show a good understanding of social media.
Finance – understand the fundamental impact the processing of financial information has on the business, ensuring time is taken to understand relevant budgets / P&Ls and gathering information and reporting in a timely manner.
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
- Competitive salary
- Bonus paid throughout the year (non-contractual)
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Paid overtime (at your agreed hourly rate) or time back in lieu for time worked on events before or after your normal working hours
- Pension scheme
- Excellent career development across the business. Venue Lab and the Vibration Group have a strong growth strategy and we always seek to recruit and promote internally first
Please send your CV and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org