In July 2017 a major new heritage attraction opened in central London. Representing a significant addition to the culture and heritage market, The Postal Museum offers two experiences in one. Alongside interactive exhibition galleries telling stories from five centuries of British social and communications history, visitors will be able to take a subterranean trainride through the tunnels of the old Post Office Underground Railway – Mail Rail – for the first time in its 100 year history.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To successfully plan first class internal and external events across the museum’s unique event spaces.
- To Increase revenue across the museum’s event spaces through pro-active and reactive venue sales, upselling and suppliers commission
- Pro active and reactive sales of the Museum’s venue spaces for corporate and private events, filming and photography to achieve and/or exceed annual sales targets
- Conduct client and event agent venue show rounds
- Assist SVM in developing and delivering proactive and reactive sales proposals to attract new and repeat business.
- Support the SVM to benchmark the venue on sales, service and product on a regular basis and review in conjunction with post event client feedback.
- To attend networking events and trade shows building and developing partnerships where appropriate
- Manage the co-ordination of familiarisation trips and cultivation / showcase events
- Develop Event Services menu and upsell services to clients
- Manage internal database; including inputting enquiries and ensuring data up-to date and GDPR complian
Event Planning & Co-ordination
- Event planning and on-site delivery of corporate and private events
- Ensure any in-house AV required for the event is managed in conjunction with the IT Manager and runs according to the event schedule
- Ensure all suppliers and clients adhere to the venues restrictions, licensing and Health & Safety procedures for the duration of the event.
- Ensure event contractual, technical and logistical requirements are met in order to deliver the highest possible production and presentation standards for each event
- Create and communicate comprehensive client function sheets for on-site staff and suppliers and co-ordinate services provided by all external suppliers in planning and delivery stages
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, suppliers and internal staff at all stages of the event lifecycle
- Attend weekly event planning meetings
- Advise clients on the venue’s operational and logistical policies to ensure the successful safe running of their event
- Ensure clients and suppliers comply with venue policies, health & safety rules and adhere to the premises license conditions
- Work in partnership with Development, Public Programme and Marketing teams to support with the planning and delivery of museum events and any wider objectivess