For daytime and evening celebrations during the 2017 festive season, the Museum of London offers a variety of highly flexible and unique event spaces for a range of party sizes.
Steeped in 450,000 years of the capital’s rich history, the museum’s galleries provide the perfect backdrop for an unforgettable event. Options include an intimate dinner gathering for 6 in the opulent Georgian Pleasure Gardens, lively receptions for 200 in the People’s City Gallery and large-scale functions for up to 1,000 guests in the museum’s Entrance Hall, Sackler Hall and the Galleries of Modern London combined. In addition to the galleries, the Terrace Rooms are also incredibly popular and are complemented by their own private garden. This space is perfect for dinner of up to 90 guests and receptions for 200.
This sample Christmas party package for a minimum of 100 people starts from £60pp+VAT:
• Welcome drinks reception from 6.30pm in the striking Entrance Hall complete with beautifully decorated 12ft Christmas tree
• Hire of the Sackler Hall from 6.30pm - 11pm and access to the Galleries of Modern London for the first hour
• DJ plus AV package including a PA system, staging, projector, uplighters, and a circular digital ellipse with integrated plasma screen. There are endless possibilities of showstates on the ellipse, from falling snowflakes or a twinkling chandelier to a bespoke commission with dynamic film integration or interactive social media features
• Canapés plus dinner or reception menu of your choice
• Unlimited beer, house wine and mocktails
For a truly unique Christmas party, the museum offers a range of experiences. These include a tour or talk from a museum curator and the chance to get up close and personal with objects from Christmases gone by; from elaborate Victorian Christmas cards to medieval ice skates made from animal bones. Actors portraying famous faces from London’s past can be booked to interact with guests while the museum can also put together goodie bags of gifts from the Museum of London’s shop for attendees to take home at the end of the night.
Located just five minutes’ walk from St. Paul’s, Moorgate and Barbican tube stations, the museum is ideally placed to cater for the 14,000+ businesses in the Square Mile.