The survey results were revealed at the launch of Private Drama Events new Webinar Series on 3 June (Private Drama Presents: The Road to Recovery) where a panel of industry experts discussed the signposts and solutions for recovery in the events industry following the easing of lockdown restrictions.
Hosted by Adam Blackwood, Founder and Creative Director Private Drama Events, highlights included:
- Technology has created a seismic shift in how events will be created, produced and delivered in the future.
- Hybrid, virtual and augmented reality events will become the new norm. The global pandemic crisis has accelerated the development of these technologies.
- Sustainability and the necessity to look closely at your supply chain has been brought into sharper focus than ever before. For example, travel will decline and be replaced by virtual events that offer the same real and authentic experience.
- Businesses will need to create a ‘new toolbox’ to support the delivery of events and experiences in the future.
- The events sector could see recovery from as early as Q4 2020.
- A combination of virtual, digital and gradually, physical, events will all be brought together creating a new events landscape and revenue streams and growth for the entire sector.
- More than 50% of survey respondents that are responsible for planning events also said they would be happy to book and confirm venues and events from Q1 2021.
Adam Blackwood commented, “The events industry has experienced dramatic and radical change. Almost overnight, we needed to accept this enforced period of pause and innovate in terms of how we deliver events. Technology has created a huge commercial opportunity and the development and pace of hybrid, virtual and AR has been rapid. We are excited to launch Live at Home, our new service offering, to the market next week. Watch this space!”
The second episode in the Webinar series takes place on 1 July and will share insights from companies that supply to the events industry, discussing how lockdown has affected their business and recovery from the crisis.
One Young World Global Summit
About Private Drama Events
We are Private Drama. Creators of immersive experiences and otherworldly events.
In 2002 we established from the heart of London’s live performance scene. To create experiences that put brands centre stage like never before.
Think immersive productions aboard luxury trains. Bespoke parties in Royal Palaces. And opening ceremonies that broadcast worldwide.
We do that by delivering from end-to-end. Idea to execution. With a network of performers, designers, production crews and events professionals who can produce the spectacular.
We bring stories to life. Are you ready to tell yours? www.privatedramaevents.com.