Senior Event Manager at Rocket Food, Louisa Moule, has shared her summer wedding highlights, from floral canape trays to alternative ways to serve up your wedding breakfast.
Louisa, who recently got married at her home in Scotland, loved planning her wedding, but also loves to help others plan theirs; from working with the chefs, creating unique menus, to discussing all the styling options as well as ensuring every detail is planned to perfection – the key to success is getting to know the couple well from start to finish.
In the spirit of a wonderfully wedding-filled few months, here are some of her favourite details from the summer:
1. The Romance Collection: regal and luxurious, these plates from Classic Crockery look great stacked with both simpler-styled dinner plates or the full Romance collection.
2. Herbaceous cocktails: nobody wants an oversweet cocktail, so herbs are a really great way to ensure your cocktail remains balanced. Our Rocket original The Good, the Bad and the Basil always goes down a treat at receptions.
3. Post dinner pick-me-ups: from mini magnums and fab ice lollies to late-night fresh pasta bars, there are plenty of creative ways to ensure your guests last the evening and dance all night long.
Holly Clark Photography
4. Hydrangea canape trays: these simple flowers really bring the food to life. Plus, due to their varying colours and availability all year round, they can be styled to suit each season perfectly.
5. Pastels: white tablecloths aren’t the only way to keep things subtle, with pastel colour schemes proving popular this summer. Try matching your linens and candles for an added elegant touch.
6. Sharing plates: what better way to get guests talking than by passing around dishes laden with lamb racks and Moroccan salads? Sharing plates are the ultimate way to get people talking and liven up the traditional three course meal.