12 month temporary contract for maternity cover to start October 2019
Salary - £25-30k
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the team at The Clink Events as Event Manager.
Clink Events offers a catering service with a difference and our story gives us the edge over other event caterers. We’re a registered charity which works alongside the prison service and runs a number of award-winning restaurants inside prisons for the public. The aim of the charity is to reduce reoffending by giving prisoners City & Guilds NVQ in professional cookery and service through intensive training during the last 18 months of their sentence. Once the prisoners are released, we have a team of dedicated support workers who find employment within top restaurants, 5* hotels and private members clubs while mentoring and supporting our graduates. Through this scheme The Clink Charity has achieved a reduction in reoffending with 97% of graduates completing the scheme and not reoffending upon release, compared with the national average of adults where 58% of those released reoffends within 18months.
As Event Manager for Clink Events, you will be responsible for all aspects from sales to event administration and coordinating of events. You will have demonstrable experience of managing events with exceptional interpersonal skills and will be an individual who can hit the ground running. Close collaboration with our Head Office Team, General Manager and Head Chef is essential for success.
As the successful candidate, you will be incredibly passionate about food, have a huge affinity with The Clink and show a great sense of style when it comes to the design, implementation and management of bespoke events. You understand what it takes to deliver an amazing customer journey, have a fastidious attention to detail, and a sound understanding of commercial event catering finance. Finally, you are an excellent communicator with all genres of clients, with strong written and creative skill. The ability to use your judgement, initiative and to multi-task several tasks at once is essential to the success of this position.
The role will be based at HMP Downview in Sutton and you will work closely with The Centrepoint charity and our prisoner learners to deliver bespoke events in various central London locations and unique venues, including St Paul’s Cathedral, Guildhall and Trinity House. You will work with a wide range of clients, including Rolls Royce, City & Guilds, Allen & Overy, City of London Corporation and Landsec.
- Maintaining, building and sustaining relationships with key accounts, venues and suppliers
- Professionally respond to all customer enquiries via email or telephone
- Attend tastings, venue meetings and site visits
- Create and distribute job sheets to the kitchen team
- Be familiar and follow all venue regulations
- Produce all event administration including event files, job sheets and timely client invoicing
- Finalising requirements and function details with clients
- Ensure communication is maintained to all departments throughout the planning process
- Managing client budget and ensure all jobs are quoted correctly
- You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the catering industry and have previous event management experience, ideally within a high-end caterer or a unique venue
- An excellent planner, showing good organisational and event coordination skills
- IT competent in using databases, Word, Excel and Outlook
- You will demonstrate excellent teamwork
- Proven ability to achieve sales targets
- Pro-active, with lots of initiative and energy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Smart, presentable, highly professional and with a welcoming personality
Salary Information and benefits
12 month temporary contract to cover a maternity leave with a view to a permanent position as business increases
39 hours per week. Some early, evenings and weekend shifts will be required. TOIL will be given.
Salary: £25,000- £30,000
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Free meals on duty and uniform provided
- Childcare Vouchers
Applications in writing (a full CV and a supporting letter) summarizing your interest in this post, and providing evidence of your ability to match the criteria outlined in the Job Description should be sent by email to email@example.com
The closing date is midday on Friday 26th July 2019
Interviews will be held in August 2019
To Apply for these positions, you must pass the following requirements:
- Ministry of Justice Enhanced Vetting
- The right to work in the UK, and provide original documentation as part of the recruitment process.
This is a truly inspirational role where, as an innovative and creative Events Manager, you have the opportunity to mentor and engage others to turn their lives around.