Unique Venues of London (UVL) was established in 1993, as a membership organisation of 18 unique and specialist properties within the capital. With over 70 member venues from across the industry, the organisation is in an excellent position to comment on market trends and other issues on behalf of both its members and all London based venues.
Limited by guarantee with no share capital, the company is governed by a Memorandum of Association. The member venues are located within London, England, meet strict Criteria for Membership, pay an annual subscription fee based on declaration of annual turnover and subsequent placement within one of five (5) membership bands. The subscription fees and ancillary income generated by the company are used entirely to support the Purpose and Vision of Unique Venues of London Ltd.
Membership of UVL is by invitation and subject to adherence to the company's criteria and requirements of membership. Prospective member venues must be located within the M25, adhere to the Company's Membership Criteria, be endorsed by the UVL Board and their membership ratified by the member venues.
The membership cost is based on the businesses' turnover, rather than a flat fee, allowing any unique venue to be considered for membership, regardless of business size and venue capacity.
The object for which the Company is established is to promote the consideration and discussion of all questions affecting the interests of those who make their living partly through providing function, banqueting, catering, event and conference facilities ("the industry") and to promote economy and efficiency in the industry and to promote the interests of those engaged in the industry and generally to assist those involved in the industry to provide an efficient service at economical charges (as stated in the Memorandum of Association).
- To be the leading venue industry collective and the collective voice for the industry for venues whose primary purpose is other than corporate hospitality, hospitality, entertaining, catering, events, meetings or conferences.
- To offer the broadest possible selection of unique venues within London to the market place, representing a diverse range of business size and turnover, all of whom demonstrate excellence in terms of processes and practices and positively enhance the reputation of UVL.
- To provide the most comprehensive marketing opportunities to its members as part of their membership fee in addition to a comprehensive campaign of buy-in opportunities.
- To provide frequent and informative networking and problem solving opportunities for its member venues and their representatives.
- To nurture, educate, train and develop the representatives of the member venues
Code of Practice
Member Venues of UVL will be required to acknowledge and uphold the Unique Venues of London Code of Practice, by working with their clients, suppliers, industry colleagues and employees upholding integrity, inclusivity, professionalism and honesty at all times and by carrying out the following practices:
- Have in place comprehensive venue diary systems, communicate effectively with those placing bookings on their diaries and manage their expectations at all times.
- Have comprehensive policies in place including but not limited to their terms and conditions, restrictions of hire, event supplier accreditation, event confirmation procedures and contractual documentation with clients and suppliers. They will ensure these processes and documentation are communicated and will aim where possible to have them publicly accessible.
- Clarify in writing if applicable the commission percentage, areas on which commission is applicable and commission procedures, the discount percentage, policy for children, cancellation policies and building change policies.
- Have all necessary licenses and insurances in place to undertake their business.
- Believe in continually raising the standards of the industry. They aim to follow and promote exceptional service levels, to exceed the expectations of their clients, suppliers, industry colleagues and employees and to proactively communicate with clients, suppliers, industry colleagues and employees to continually strive to improve their standards.
- Adhere to and promote best practice in the Health & Safety of all their activities exceeding where practicable all applicable legislation, regulation, codes of practice and provide a COVID Secure venue in line with Government guidelines.
- Adhere to and promote best practice in the accessibility to all their activities exceeding where practicable all applicable legislation, regulation and codes of practice.
- Aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all their activities complying with, and exceeding where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- Committed to uphold, respect and safeguard the good name of Unique Venues of London, to uphold the Purpose of the Company, adhere to the Articles of Association and commit to its payment terms.
- Play an active part in its work and strive to support UVL to strategically achieve its vision at all times as the leading venue industry collective and the collective voice for the industry for venues whose primary purpose is other than corporate hospitality, hospitality, entertaining, catering, events, meetings or conferences.
What We Do
UVL offers the events organiser access to its member venues via its comprehensive marketing campaign. The organisation exhibits at key national and international trade exhibitions, produces an annual brochure and offers a comprehensive website, allowing the events organiser the ability to search for suitable venues with direct access to the member venues at all times.