Accountable to: Director of Strategy, Planning & Commercial
Accountable for: Sales and Events Executive & Sales & Events Manager
Location: Albemarle St, London
Contract type: Fixed-term Maternity Cover – from September 2022
Salary: £52,000 - £57,000 per annum
The Head of Commercial Events leads the team to generate income from venue hire and events at 21 Albemarle Street to support the Ri’s charitable activities. This post plays a crucial role in motivating & guiding the team to achieve annual/monthly sales targets. This is a multifaceted role involving sales strategy, financial planning, forecasting, marketing and communications and operational delivery.
Main duties of the role
- Set and deliver an annual business plan, using an appropriate strategy to grow the venue hire offer and income
- Set annual targets and budgets for Director approval. Manage and deliver targets, assessing and forecasting financial performance
- Lead, motivate and manage the venue hire team to ensure business plan objectives and sales targets are being met and individuals are achieving their potential
- Maintain processes and procedures that will streamline operations and administration for the venue hire team, clients and suppliers
- Take overall responsibility for team’s event planning and delivery ensuring successful event coordination to consistently high standards
- Ensure clear and organised internal communications across all relevant teams to ensure efficient delivery of events and to continually improve the client experience Collate, analyse and evaluate on the sales process, key account management, customer satisfaction and competitors and use this information to ensure the Ri venue continually improves its offer
- Undertake sales & event management roles to fulfil and support hires and events (in and out of hours)
- Collaborate and maintain good relationships with other Ri departments to further the aims and objectives of the charity
- As a member of the RI Senior Leadership Team (SLT), contribute to the overall operational direction and delivery of the organisation’s strategy in relation to venue hire
- Oversee the management of debt collection with the venue hire team and finance Manage the relationship with the contracted caterer, maximising all sales & marketing opportunities through their central sales & marketing team. Also ensuring the defined service levels are being met with high levels of client satisfaction
- Proactively manage the end-to-end sales and key account management processes to grow client base, increase retention rates and optimising conversions to increase revenue
- Develop and manage effective relationships with marketing collectives, suppliers, partners and event agencies to enhances the venues offer to clients and raise its profile
- Manage, monitor and develop the Ri Venue brand, website, social media and marketing collateral to ensure it attracts and retains clients in line with Ri Brand Guidelines
General responsibilities applicable to all staff
- Understand and support the vision, mission and aims of the Ri
- Maintain awareness of your own and others’ Health and Safety, and comply with the Ri’s Health and Safety policy
- Adhere to and champion the Ri’s policy and practices on Child Safeguarding
- Adhere to comply with all Ri policies relating to the Data Protection Regulations 2018
- Encourage team working and effective communication with colleagues
- Act as a representative of the Ri and deal with Ri customers, stakeholders and the public in a professional manner at all times
- Comply with Ri financial policies and practices as applicable
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested of your post
Skills, experience and knowledge Essential
- Proven experience in sales management and delivering /exceeding targets
- Extensive experience in event management
- Track record of leading and motivating a team
- Excellent people management skills and role model for the team
- Extensive experience in client liaison with ability to influence but also act with tact and diplomacy
- Experience of budget management and cost control, including an understanding of financial terminology e.g. revenue, expenditure, forecasting, variances etc.
- Experience of developing and growing a venues brand and or customer base
- Experience and knowledge of process improvement / quality improvement
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Project management skills
Skills, experience and knowledge Desirable
- Experience of managing third party suppliers and contractors
- Proven ability to develop comprehensive and well-reasoned budgets.
- Knowledge and experience of using accounting software to analyse budget transactions and results.
Qualifications – Essential (E) and Desirable (D)
- Educated to A level standard (or equivalent qualifications) which sufficiently demonstrate the numeric and written skills required. (E)
- Completed, or working towards, an events management or sales related qualification. (D)
Personal Attributes - Essential
- Excellent telephone manner
- Proactive, hardworking and able to work under their own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Able to find pragmatic solutions, seek improvements, and adapt to changing situations.
- Able to present information, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner, with excellent attention to detail.
- Positive “can do” attitude and willingness to support others where needed.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a willingness to learn and use new systems.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, if required.
The work will involve working early mornings, late evenings and occasional weekends.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines and accountabilities within which the individual works.
Please review the full job description and personal specification, and send your CV and a supporting statement (no more than 500 words) explaining why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience meet the criteria set out in the personal specification to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Thursday 18 August 2022.
Interviews are expected to take place on w/c 22 August.