SPECTRA is a leading London-based Destination Management Company (DMC), handling business and special-interest groups visiting Great Britain from overseas, primarily to attend corporate or association meetings and incentive travel programs. With offices in London and Edinburgh, the company prides itself in superb customer service, creative product design and financial stability as a result of 60 years as a leader in the international DMC community.
Due to continued growth, we have the need for an experienced event professional to join the current Operations Team to plan and manage incoming group programs to the UK. Ideally someone with senior level experience in the DMC / incoming travel business or creative event management, comfortable handling international clients.
Working as part of a team, the Project Director will plan the logistics, manage and physically operate complex corporate group travel programs in the UK. Therefore, knowledge of London and Great Britain as a destination is essential along with the confidence to represent the company in this client-facing role which combines an element of sales with overall project management. Building relationships with clients and suppliers is key, so is the ability to cope under pressure, be a creative problem solver, have a strong visual imagination and pay attention to detail.
Working as part of a team, the Project Director will design and implement complex and detailed group programs requiring someone with financial awareness to manage budgets along with excellent soft skills to work in a team environment and interact with clients and suppliers alike. In exchange, you’ll be joining a flexible, collaborative informal team who are highly respected leaders in their field.
- Research venues and services to develop new events, products & services
- Support the sales team as needed preparing proposals (using well-supported technology platform) with customized solutions for our clients
- Program budget management from initiation to final invoice, including deposit schedule and the maximization of profit
- Management of client relationship with the awareness of differing cultural styles, along with the handling of VIP guests
- Correspondence with suppliers including the booking of staffing, transportation, entertainment, decor etc.
- Handling high-profile security conscious VIP guests
- Preparation of detailed program documents, and database management (ie: attendee travel data)
- Planning, managing and implementing complex program operations on-site, which can entail long & unsocial hours
- Post program wrap-up: Debriefs, invoicing & final accounting, supplier liaison, archiving
- Maintain relationships with key suppliers negotiating preferential terms and representing the company in person at industry events
- Nurture client relationships where appropriate, actively supporting the acquisition and retention of key Accounts
- Experience (4+ years) of planning and managing group events, preferably within an agency setting
- Knowledge and curiosity about London and the UK as a competitive business tourism market
- Ability to work with executive-level clients to develop customized program solutions to meet their needs
- Tech confident with the mind to be trained on event management technology platforms
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Awareness of latest industry trends and insights
- Commercially astute with excellent negotiation skills
- Reflect our ethical approach to business demonstrating the agency’s principled values at all times
- A master juggler who is great under pressure, collaborative and solution orientated
- Experience in the DMC or UK incoming travel business – enthusiasm to learn about London & Great Britain
- Live production, event management skills including designing visually appealing, dynamic environments and coordinating entertainment, food & beverage etc …
- Knowledge of audio-visual services
- European languages an advantage but not essential
To apply please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org