Job Title: Senior Events Manager
Location: Lodge Catering, 13 Mitre Way, W10 6AU
Main Purpose of the position: To quote for and manage events
Reports to: Company Directors
Key relationships with: All team members
Reporting to this post: On events, all waiting and working staff
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Handle telephone enquiries and complete subsequent menu and quotation requests quickly and efficiently
- Build effective working relationships with venue managers and external event planners
- Lead on Sales initiatives to generate new business
- Be the main point of contact in the office for various venues
- Conduct site visits on new and potential venues to check on the feasibility of events
- Co-ordinate with clients in the planning and running of their events, offering advice and help to make their event special
- Hold tasting for your clients, at times to suit them (sometimes out of office hours) in our meeting room and help them decide on a menu that suits their event, offering alternatives and advice based on your experience and their event theme
- Ensure post event paperwork is completed
- Make yourself aware of venues Health and Safety and Fire Regulations and brief your staff
- Effectively manage all staff on site. Responsible for ensuring staff are properly dressed, trained, and briefed fully before the event begins. Delegate duties before and continually monitor staff performance to ensure highest standards of service are maintained at all times
- Liaise closely with the client throughout the event to ensure that they are happy with the progress of the event and to ensure we maintain a friendly, approachable, yet highly professional image.
- Co-ordinate with venue staff throughout the event to ensure they are happy with Lodge Catering’s performance and use of the building.
- Co-ordinate with chefs throughout an event to ensure that food is served on time, correctly presented and as the client has ordered and expects
- To be very aware of and adhere to food hygiene standards and procedures at all times
- Ensure that the event is properly cleared and all areas are left clean, tidy and all equipment is either packed onto our van or is ready for collection
- Liaise with external suppliers regarding the delivery and collection of hired in equipment
The successful candidate will have already provided an excellent event experience for brides, private diners and corporate events. You will be knowledgeable about food and be excited to provide a bespoke menu for your client. Your experience in sales and marketing, along with your knowledge of London and its venues, will help us bring in new business, both as a sole caterer for venues and a “go to” solution for private and corporate clients. Providing bespoke catering and support at once in a lifetime events won’t faze you and client confidence in you is paramount
English and maths to GCSE standard or equivalent
(Essential) Hands on Experience of booking, quoting and managing events. Five or more years experience in Event Management Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about food.
Proven sales and marketing experience. Must have experience of the London Events industry and knowledge of London venues. Effective planning and execution of weddings up to 200
guests Diary Management – use of ACT! An advantage. Excellent Customer service skills. Managing mixed teams of staff. Full clean driving licence. Self-motivated, energetic team player. I.T literate, with particular emphasis in Word/Excel spreadsheets, Organised and methodical, with an eye for detail. Experience of working under pressure, to tight deadlines and producing accurate results. Database Management.
based on level of experience
Hours of work:
40 hours per week, spread 5 days over 7
20 days, plus bank holidays
hourly pay for all hours over 40
Lunch is provided
Important note: This is a broad description of this position but it is not intended to be a complete list of tasks or responsibilities. Neither should this be taken as part of
any contract including the Job Holder’s contract of employment. In addition to the above duties, the Job Holder is required to carry out any task reasonably requested of
him/her from time to time.
Candidates should send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org